Saturday, November 15, 2008

open house

We are trying to sell the house we currently own so that we can buy the house I grew up in from my parents. There isn't really much we even like about the old house. The list of updates and renovations I want to make on the house is exhausting just thinking about, but the neighborhood, and especially the yard would make it all worth while. Mostly its a step toward financial comfortability. We can get it cheap, reduce our monthly mortgage payments by $400-$500, pay off our other debts, do most of the work to update it ourselves, and hopefully sell it in a few years and make a decent profit.

BUT...we have to sell (or maybe rent out *just typing that makes my stomach turn. I don't want to deal with the stress of being a landlord*) our house before we can do that. And today, we had an open house. First let me say, Kevin and I cleaned this house from 7:30am yesterday morning until 9:00pm last night making sure it was sparkly and tidy for the prospective buyers and their agents. We had 2 visitors. 2!!! In 6 hours, 2 visitors. *sigh* But on the bright and shiny side, the house looks spectacular!

So, to keep from going stir crazy trying to keep the house this way, Elli and I are going to spend some time at the old house making some minor updates that will make it more desirable for other buyers if we end up not being able to buy it, or closer to being ready for us if we do.

1 comment:

juju said...

I sure hope you can sell your house. I would love to see you live in the house you grew up in... even tho its old and needs LOTS of work! You would be closer to your family, so they can see Elli grow. Good Luck..... J.